What people are saying...
"When I registered for Rolf’s online training, I knew he would deliver life changing content, but I didn’t expect to make the personal connections with other participants that I have. The small group sessions and Rolf’s thought provoking discussion topics set the stage for deep, honest and supportive sharing! My intention with this training was to develop a greater understanding of the chakras and the yoga sutras to integrate into my classes, and with Rolf’s down-to-earth, engaging explanations, I have experienced major growth in my teaching and also my own self-discovery. Rolf is so generous with his time, experience and the breadth of his knowledge, masterful but humble, an excellent teacher. I recommend this training with all my being!"
November 2021 - November 2022
The 300hr Teacher Training Certification Program consists of 10 weekends/1x month – November 2021 – November 2022. This training offers a virtual-only track. Track will utilize google classrooms for classwork, links to Rolf’s video classes and lectures, and communication amongst classmates. Additionally, there will be periodic (approximately once a month) Wednesday evening 3-hour Zoom sessions offered throughout the training.
This Advanced Level Teacher Training provides a 12 month in-depth training in the Art of Teaching and the study of Yoga as a vehicle for transformation. It also offers an experiential training in the leading of intensives and workshops preparing participants for their own next level of offerings to students.
Program Description: VISION + COMMITMENT
The aim of this training is to aid in the development of truly impactful Yoga Teachers: Teachers who are leaders. In order to accomplish this aim, we will study in depth the space within which the teacher learns, grows, teaches and leads: The mirror of everyday life. We will refine our vision and commitment to our role in the classroom to achieve a level of mastery as a teacher and leader in our community.
We will explore the dynamics of karma, principle, awareness, freedom and choice. We will come to a holistic understanding of the human experience we share, the purpose of spiritual practice and the role of the teacher. To that end, teachers engaged in the Advanced Vinyasa Teacher Training will study and be able to teach classes and workshops that address:
- The Yoga Sutras as a context for understanding and transformation
- The Mechanics of Karma as the foundation of spiritual growth
- The Three Aspects of Practice: Sila, Samahdi and Wisdom
- The Powerful Intersection of Western Science and Yoga
- Non-violence in action
- The Art of Sadhana: The Development and Refinement of a Home Practice
- A Refined Vision of the Yoga Teacher's Tools: Asana, Pranyama and Meditation
- A Refined Vision of the yoga teacher: The use of Self in a transformational environment.
Through yoga, we learn to bring our attention to a particular area in our bodies, or in our lives, and keep it there - and the results are nothing short of miraculous. The only thing that seems certain is that we cannot imagine the power of a mind, a will, and a body refined by yoga. We must experience such transformation for ourselves." – Rolf Gates
If you have been through Rolf's 200hr TT - Please begin by reading Anatomy of the Spirit: Caroline Myss.
If you completed a different 200hr TT- Please begin by reading Seven Spiritual Laws of Success: Deepak Chopra + How Yoga Works: Geshe Michael Roach & Christie McNally
- The Yoga-Sutra of Patañjali: A New Translation with Commentary, Chip Hartranft
- How Yoga Works, Geshe Michael Roach & Christie McNally
- The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success, Deepak Chopra
- Meditations from the Mat: Daily Reflections on the Path of Yoga, Rolf Gates
- Yoga Body: Anatomy, Kinesiology and Asana by Judith Hanson Lasater
- Anatomy of the Spirit: The Seven Stages of Power and Healing, Caroline Myss
- Buddha's Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love, and Wisdom by Rick Hanson Ph.D. and with Richard Mendius MD
- The Biology of Belief: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter, & Miracles by Bruce H. Lipton
- The Chakra Balancing Workbook, by Anodea Judith
Good Books to Read:
- Bhagavad Gita: New Translation, by Stephen Mitchell
- Loving Kindness: The Revolutionary Art of Happiness, Sharon Salzberg
- The Power of Now, Eckhart Tolle
- The Law of Attraction, Esther and Jerry HicksThe Way of the Peaceful Warrior, Dan Millman
- OPTION I: FULL PAY DISCOUNT: Pay in full $1,700
- OPTION II: PAYMENT PLAN: Pay the $300 deposit, with a payment plan of 10 consecutive monthly installments of $170 (Total cost $2000)
*11 payments total
November 19, 20, 21
December 17, 18, 19
January 14, 15, 16
March 4, 5, 6
April 8, 9, 10
May 13, 14, 15
July 8, 9, 10
September 9, 10, 11
October 7, 8, 9 (Events and Capstone projects)
November 18, 19, 20
VIRTUAL WEEKEND SCHEDULE:
Virtual sessions will be held via Zoom.
Fridays: 6pm – 9pm
Saturdays: 10am – 12pm, 2pm – 4pm
Sundays: 10am – 12pm, 2pm – 4pm
Logistics: Please come dressed for yoga. Set yourself up to be fully present for these sessions with your video on. Remember 20-20-20 rule to reduce eye-strain for zoom sessions, every 20 minutes look at least twenty feet away from screen for 20 seconds.
Lunch Break: Saturday & Sunday 12pm – 2pm lunch and self-care time.
WEDNESDAY EVENING VIRTUAL SCHEDULE: