**Accepting registrants for September 2023
Join Kelly and Lisa D for this 20-hour Postpartum Teacher Training to build a solid understanding of the needs of the postpartum person and how to use yoga to support this sacred transition. In this course you will learn how to be a resource for your students to provide yoga as a powerful foundation for connecting with their body and finding support in their community. You will study changes in anatomy after childbirth specific to abdominals and the pelvic floor and functional movement, looking at how yoga and posture can provide healing and give holistic tools to empower and support people throughout their fourth trimester and early parenthood. Lisa and Kelly will give you a framework to deepen your own connection to your own practice and body so that you can support your postpartum yoga students or expand your career in birth work.
This training is for you If you are:
- Interested in learning about women’s health and the postpartum period
- Seeking to develop a niche in prenatal & postnatal yoga
- A yoga teacher interested in expanding their knowledge in supporting families in the early postpartum period
Focus areas include:
- Restoring and strengthening the pelvic floor, abdominals, and deep hip muscles
- Building better posture by strengthening the back, neck and shoulder muscles
- Asana and pranayama to promote deep relaxation and integrate mindfulness into practice
- Recovery after Cesarean birth restoring strength and flexibility
- Addressing PTSD or a traumatic birth
- Diastasis Recti- how to asses and not further exacerbate
- Breast/chest feeding
- Nutrition/The First Forty Days
By the end of this training, you will:
- Learn which yoga postures are appropriate for postpartum care, including special modifications
- Study changes in anatomy after childbirth specific to abdominals and the pelvic floor and functional movement, looking at how yoga and posture can provide healing.
- Understand wellness and stages of recovery
- Recognize the common discomforts experienced by many after giving birth and discover how postures and sequences can be a source of support
- Understand the physiological, emotional, and social considerations of the postpartum period and parenting and learn how to regulate emotions
- Look at mental health and postpartum, learning how we as yoga instructors can provide support for “baby blues” PMADs, how to recognize symptoms, provide resources and know what is within and out of our scope of practice.
- Improve postpartum recovery and help students bring mindfulness to parenting
- Learn how to create a supportive environment for parents, babies, and families
- Learn how to lead a postpartum practice & baby & me
- Learn infant massage
20 hour Yoga Alliance Continuous Education (CEU) Credits available!
Kelly Shull E-RYT 500, RPYT, YACEP
Lisa Daugherty, E-CYT 200, PYT, Doula
Tuition: $700 (non-refundable)
*10% discount for CITYOGA YTT 200hr and CITYOGA 85hr Prenatal YTT Alumni
- Scholarships available through Heartland Mindfulness Collective
- Scholarship applications must be submitted before Friday September 8th. Applications received after September 8th will not be accepted.
- Apply for a scholarship by following this link.
Complete the training in two weekends!
- Saturday September 16th, 11a-5p
- Sunday September 17th, 11a-5p
- Saturday September 23rd, 11a-5p
- Sunday September 24th, 11a-5p
Pr-requisite: In order to register for this training, you must have successfully completed at least a 200-hour yoga teacher training program.